CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

kerri's idea: new music vs. the good music

so i asked for suggestions on a topic to talk about, and kerri said "how about the difference between new music and the music when your parents were kids?" good topic! I myself prefer the music from the 60s 70s and 90s (skip the 80s. they suck). i mean where do you get that crappy home recorded gems, and music that the drug addled hippies could dance to? now everything is perfected studio recorded, and frankly, new music sucks. there are a few modern artists out there such as nine inch nails, but then again they have been around for a while! you need some variety! the people my age need to realize that there is more to music than stuff today. im not trying to put down today's music, im just trying to pump up the diversity! i have john denver's first record. it is clearly the awesomest record ever! simon and garfunkel? awesome. nirvana? the best one i can think of. tell me what you think! thanks for giving me something to talk about!

2 comments:

tin said...

if you want to talk about music that the "drug addled hippies" could dance to, look at the music in the 60's and 70's,

Kerri said...

Tin is right about that. I grew up a teen in the 70's with a lot of Disco, which I think is crap, for the most part. I listened more to country then. But I listen to about everything these days, including occasional rap when it's not filthy garbage. Did you know Blondie was actually the first recorded rapper? Well, that's my take on it anyway. Enjoyed your topic!